Sunday 29 September 2013

Looking at Screenings

Screening 1: A Day In The Life Of... (Level 1, 23 marks)
Held shot steady where appropriate
Titles used appropriately
Music was appropriate
Minimal shot differences (point of view shot used a lot)
It was quite "samey"

Screening 2: The Promise (Level 3, 45 marks)
Variety of camera shots
Fitting music
Sets the story line
Lighting was thought about
Appropriate titles
Dialogue scenes not filmed on the same day, different weather, was windy - hard of hearing

Screening 3: Amazing Grace (Level 3, 39 marks)
Appropriate music, and lighting, added to the spooky/horror genre
Joining of the music was out in places
Cuts between shots were quite quick
Was more like a music video opposed to an opening
Didn't make that much sense

Screening 4:
 Four Walls (Level 4, 51 marks)
Large variety of shots
Appropriate setting - mise-en-scene
Is clearly an opening for a film - doesn't look like a trailer/music video
Editing meant was apparant
Dialogue and mouth movements were out of sync in some areas

Screening 5: One Way Out (Level 4, 51 marks)
Colour scheme and lighting supported the genre
Large variety of shot types
Dialogue was out of sync in some areas

Screening 6: Moving On (Level 4, 49 marks)
Well thought out
Lots of effort put in
Stop motion used - keeps it interesting
different camera angles

When I make my coursework piece, I think that I would like to give the stop motion effect, a go. This is because I believe it instantly makes the film look more interesting. However, when using this techinique, I need to ensure that it fits with the genre which I choose, because this could have a very big impact on its effectiveness. 
I haven't had any ideas on what genre I want my coursework to be, or of what it will entail, however I am aware that it needs to be something original, that is going to be as new to the examiner as possible, so I have the chance of getting the top grades.

No comments:

Post a Comment